More Things Impossible
by Edward D. Hoch
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE! Dr. Sam Hawthorne, a New England country doctor in the first half of the twentieth century, was constantly faced by murders in locked rooms, impossible disappearances, and other so-called "miracle crimes." More Things Impossible contains fifteen of Dr. Sam's extraordinary cases solved between 1927 and 1931, including:
- * Impossible murder in a house that whispers
- * Poisoning by a gargoyle on the courthouse roof
- * The case of the Devil in the windmill
- * The houseboat that resembles the Mary Celeste
- * The affair of the vanishing Gypsies
- * Stabbing in the locked cockpit of a plane in midair
- * A ghostly pirate in a lighthouse
- * And eight other ingenious riddles
Edward D. Hoch, is a legend of ingenuity in the world of mystery writing. Author of more than 800 short stories, winner of the Edgar Award, former President of the Mystery Writers of America, and contributor to every issue of Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine since 1973, Hoch is one of the great mystery writers of our time. As John Dickson Carr remarked, "Satan himself would be proud of his ingenuity."
Published: June, 2006
Cover Artist: Carol Heyer
Trade softcover, out of stock is Out of stock - unavailable.
Signed, numbered clothbound, with additional story in separa: